In this activity, that will take place in a traditional farm, Monte do Álamo, we will learn how to prepare a fish “cataplana” (a traditional recipe from the Algarve) and a dessert made of almond and carob, two products that we can find in the farm.
Next, participants are invited to share a relaxed meal having the opportunity to taste the prepared dishes as well as a good variety portuguese wines and medronho. All this in a beautiful settting.
The recipes used in this class are part of the rich and healthy mediterranean diet, characteristic from the south of Portugal: Alentejo and Algarve. Some of the ingredients used in this class come from our organic garden.
Participants will learn the recipes step by step, and participate in all parts of the process, from the selection of the ingredients in the local market and the farm, to the final product and posterior tasting.
Using local products, with an excellent quality and the presentation of the meal is also very important, as it will be explained during the class.
Timetable: From 10AM to 2PM
Price: 80€ / person
The activity includes:
- Cooking class
- Tasting: Cataplana, almond cakes, home-made bread and drinks (water and wine: aperitif, red wine, white wine and medronho)
- Participation certificate
- All materials and products used in the class
The activity doesn't include:
- Transport (we can organize transfer services in case participats don't have their own transportation).
- Classes held in Portuguese or English or Spanish
- 50% payment on confirmation of the activity and the remaining 50% on the day of the activity.
- Any change on the number of participants must be confirmed until 3 days before the activity.